Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Spiritual Vitamins

I have loved digging into this study specifically Chapter 9 of Stressed-Less Living "Choose Your Weapons". Of all the weapons to choose from I use Spiritual Vitamins the most. Sometimes on a daily basis and other times in life as needed. My goal after reading this chapter is to focus on using them on a daily basis to relieve my stress and anxiety. As I type this though I am slightly stressed as I just wrote this entire blog and then proceeded to loose it...

Moving on...

The Spiritual vitamins I use are digging into Gods word through daily reading, devotions and bible studies, and prayer. The summer time is when I really dig into Gods word and am more consistent about it...the reason being I am a teacher and that is when I have more time and less stress. I value the moments of quiet time I get with the Lord especially now that I have two small toddlers. I find I am most at peace and feel my best spiritually when I am routinely digging into Gods word, taking my time to understand and reflect on what I am learning. Really letting His word soak in and speak to me.

I also find prayer to be very effective. For awhile I would start my day off as soon as I opened my eyes in prayer and would pray a very simple prayer: "Lord, show me what your purpose is for me today, allow me to full fill whatever plans you have for me Lord, that I may do your Great work. Amen." But as life got more stressful, as I tended to wake up later and later the prayer time in the morning even though it only took a few moments of my time began to slip away. I believe that the more I pray the more I take time to make it a priority to take time to talk to God the less stressed I am and the more peace I feel. Any good relationship takes dialogue. I also strongly believe in having others pray for you. This was a rough year for me and through prayer and the faithfulness of others the Lord saw me through.

I am doing another bible study at the moment and we were challenged to keep God the center of our life, day and each and every moment. If we do this we will not only see God in the moments we designate for Him, but all around us, EVERYWHERE. I really want to attempt to do this as summer goes on...really take my spiritual vitamins on a daily and regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, I'm sorry you lost your original post, that is very frustrating!! I love your morning prayer, thanks for sharing your spiritual vitamins with us!!

    Kris (OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete