Sunday, June 30, 2013

Priority Shift

Time....it is my worst enemy. We hear it all the time and it is so true there are just not enough hours in the day! Where does time go it seems to fly by...this saying is true as well the older you get the faster time goes! I cannot believe my two sweet angels are already 3 and 1 years old! I just watched a video of Evelyn walking for the first time and the memory feels like it was just yesterday not 2 years ago!
 I reflect on a regular basis and pray about where my priority's truly lie. Here is my most recent list:
1. God
2. Family (immediate: husband, girls)
3: Extended Family and close friends
4. Work
5. Health...the list could go on and on.

I watched a sermon recently that discussed how God should not be a "place" on your priority list but should be all encompassing. He should be a part of each priority listed. God should be in your family, with your friends, at work, in your health life. This message in some ways was life changing for me. God in everything All the time.
There are many ways you can go about doing this for me the easiest and most natural way is by praying. I pray when I first open my eyes, I pray before I close them at night, I pray while I am driving. I pray when my patience is almost gone and a child is screaming...I pray, pray, pray.
I have also made it a priority in my to always learn and grow in my faith and I have started to become involved in the online bible studies offered by Proverbs 31 ministries. What I love about this is that it is not overwhelming or difficult to do, if I miss a week or day that is OK, no one gets on my case about not doing the homework, or fulfilling a blog. I can do it as time fits, for instance here I am blogging at 12:38 at night when the kids are in bed.
Something I want to work on is taking a few moments each morning and really devoting them to God..this is a huge struggle for me as I am not a morning person, but I truly feel my day would start off a whole lot better if I did this.
Another way I make God a priority is by being involved in my local church. I do this in a few ways:
*Attending church on a regular basis...hearing Gods word is a great way to get fed.
*Serving: Serving is a way to give back to feed Gods people. I serve every weekend in the preschool department.
*Small group: Being involved in a small group has been such a blessing to my life. It is a christian family of itself. WE are there for each other to support and meet each others needs.

All of these things help me to keep Christ the center of my life not just my number one priority but a part of Everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment