Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Isaiah 49:23

I learned to S.O.A.P from Palm Valley Church in Arizona. I had never heard before how you could dissect a scripture verse and really dig into its meaning..I love it. Also through my OBS studies I have learned about verse mapping. Today I am going to S.O.A.P our verse of the week.
S: Scripture, O:Observation, A: Application, P:Prayer

S: "Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed.

O:If we put our hope in the Lord he will not disappoint us. Hope for a better tomorrow, a better world, hope for healing for those that are afflicted by illness, hope that we can full fill the plans the Lord has laid for us.

A: I want to make sure I am careful about this verse, we could easily read it as if you hope in the Lord he will not disappoint meaning you will get what you hope for, but this is not always the case. The Lord knew the path of our life before we were even conceived. Our "hope" is not always the same as Gods plan for our lives, but His plan is so much greater than anything we could ever "hope" for. I believe that we will not be disappointed because although we cannot always fathom God's goodness, grace and mercy, his love for us is unfathomable. When we are able to look back one day although we may feel disappointed that life didn't work how we wanted it planned we will see how Gods glory is so much greater.

P: Dear Lord, Allow me to always have "hope". Not to give in to the devils thoughts of "I cant..I'm not good enough..". Nothing is impossible for the Lord, if you want to heal the ill you can, if you want to save a struggling marriage you can. But I also want to trust in your judgement and follow the path you have laid for my life. I never could have imagined the great life you have planned for me. Thank you for staying by my side each step of this journey. Amen.

6 comments:

  1. "When we are able to look back one day although we may feel disappointed that life didn't work how we wanted it planned we will see how Gods glory is so much greater. "

    EXACTLY! Hope is knowing God's plan is better if when we are in the middle of it, and don't see the result, when we trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "S.O.A.P."-pretty cool stuff we find when we connect with a bible study group. Like "Verse Mapping", I had not heard of till OBS! I love both of these ways of digging deeper into God's words and their meaning! Thank you for sharing your break down of the verse of the week as we are reminded there is always HOPE and TRUST in God for His #perfectlove! Cindy M~ OBS Small Group Leader-

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off ... LOVE SOAP! That's the first time I've ever heard that and I'm going to steal it to use with my women's group. :) I enjoyed reading your SOAP! Thank you for sharing what God is revealing to you through His Word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy,

    Thanks for sharing your heart with this verse and with your prayer!! I am loving watching you grow your faith in Christ and I LUV that you are so involved in Group 25. God has blessed you with such a strength. Look how far you have come in the last few months!! So glad that your Husband is on his way to join you;)

    Blessings )I(

    Kelly (OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your blog entry Mindy. Thank you for sharing SOAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your SOAP method of dissect a verse. Thank you for sharing and I so enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete