Friday, October 11, 2013

Keep Calm Study On!

Wow so excited to be starting my 3rd OBS "A Confident Heart"! I have gone kind of bible study crazy lately I am doing a total of 3 bible studies! In the break between "Saying Yes" and this upcoming study I have been doing:
1. Financial Peace University: This is more of a course than a bible study, but it really is teaching me biblical principals toward my finances and strengthening my marriage. If you have never taken it I highly recommend it!
2. Love Does: I am doing a book study through my church entitled "Love Does". It is about a man who lives and practices Jesus's principal on love. Really inspiring great read!
3. 30 Days to Taming Your Tongue: What You Say (and Don't Say) Will Improve Your Relationships: Wow is this a powerful study I am doing with a group of women through my work. As I first glanced at the chapters I thought "this doesn't apply to me, I don't do this" but as I began reading I quickly realized how wrong I was. None of us our perfect but this study has made me so aware of how powerful our words really are.

As I grow closer to Christ I desire more and more to know and understand better the principals of the bible and the lessons he wants us to learn. I am going through a lot of changes in my life right now many as a result of our last study "Saying Yes to God". I cant wait to see how through my choices I can have "confidence" to follow through with the choices I have made.

Dear Lord,
 Allow me to seek you always, and grow closer to you through this study. Thank you for all the leaders who are willing to accept your call.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! Your excitement put a smile on my face. May God continue to open your eyes to Him as you are so diligently diving into his words! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your excitement too as you continue to study God's word and focus on His direction in your life. This is my 6th OBS, my first was in June 2012 and so glad God lead me to Proverbs 31 OBS. Blessing on your journey.
    Marilyn V (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete