Thursday, August 15, 2013

Say What!!!

God knew I would need the Study "What happens when women say yes to God" right at this specific moment in my life. I read the book back in June when God placed an opportunity for huge change in my life. For the last five years there have been moments throughout the last few years where I have been praying for God to give me the opportunity to return back to Ohio close to family. Five years ago the Lord answered my prayer to become a teacher with a job opportunity in Arizona where I said "YES to God". From that obedience five years ago I feel God blessed my life with friends, learning opportunities and a chance to touch others lives in ways I never could have done on my own. Only by Gods will could I have become the teacher I am today and had the amazing adventures he allowed me to go on.
This past June God answered my prayer with a job opening in my alumna mater teaching middle school social studies right where God had placed me. When I went to college and recieved my Secondary Education Degree I had the intention of teaching high school...but God knew the plans He had for me when he placed me in a Middle School position in Arizona. I love middle school students and the teachers who have a passion for this age group. And the Lord knew that years down the road by giving me the experience in Arizona it would open the door for me to teach in Mason where I dreamed of teaching through my college years.
Although this was a dream come true it was a major "Say What!!!" moment in my families life. We were established in Arizona with two good, steady jobs, a beautiful home, and an amazing church family. It wasnt as easy to say "YES" as I anticipated it would be.  Taking a job and moving within a month and a half along with saying Goodbye to all these relationships God had brought into my life was no easy task. There were moments of great anxiety where the devil attacked...tears, and times of doubt. But through prayer and conviction I kept hearing God say this was His will...that this was what he was asking me to do. God was asking me to be obedient.
So I have said "Yes Lord!" and here I am in Ohio about to start a new school year teaching 8th grade social studies at an amazing school with amazing people. I have been made to feel welcomed with such support and caring people. I still am thinking "SAY WHAT!!" But I know by following Gods will amazing things will happen through my obedience.

4 comments:

  1. Mindy, what a great story! I am so glad God gave you your heart's desire to be back to Ohio. I know leaving a life behind in Arizona was hard, but I also know God will bless you abundantly in your "yes" to Him! Thank you for sharing today! Love, Sue Molitor (OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your obedience is inspiring! Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy,

    God is so amazing. He heard your hearts desire and granted it to you. You are an inspiration to me and to the others of Group 25!! I know this has been difficult for you, but when your husband joins you and you get settled it will all be worth it!!

    Blessings )i(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a great "Say YES" story!! Very inspirational! I am a middle school Art teacher & I agree, I LOVE teaching that age!! Good luck to you in your new position & GODSPEED!!

    ReplyDelete