Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pursuing Jesus



I have found when I actively pursue Jesus I manage to see Him more in my day to day life. I see him in the trees, birds, the people who just smile and make my day. I see Him in the little things like the slight breeze that cools the day down, or the fluffy white cloud that rolls by. In the last few months I have truly tried to actively pursue Jesus...to take time for him. Within the last few weeks I have really attempted to make Jesus a priority in my life not just an after thought. Through this daily time with Jesus I have witnessed his blessings and heard his still small voice speak to my heart. It is amazing how the word speaks to me as I read it on the pages of the bible where before when I would try to do my daily reading at the end of long day they were just words on a page that I felt obligated to read.

As of late I have been pursuing Jesus by saying a prayer as the very first thing I do after I wake up...I try to make it my very first thought of the morning. Then I have been opening up the word and doing my daily assignments as soon as the fog of my mind has lifted (I am not a morning person). I have felt such peace since starting to do this...
Prayer is huge in my life...I really believe in the power of prayer. Prayer is something that through the years I have found to be simple and something I can accomplish throughout my day. As I am driving or stuck in traffic...I can pray, when I want to just scream and pull my hair out, I pray for patience and understanding. Prayer is essential to my walk with God and my efforts to full out pursue God with a passion.
I encourage you to pray and to daily get into Gods work, It truly opened my eyes and amazed me when I started doing this. My spiritual goal at the moment is to continue digging into Gods word and taking time at the start of my day instead of the end to give it to God. Give God the best of me.

3 comments:

  1. Mindy - I agree, when pursuing God, you can see things more vividly and see things you've forgotten about. I love how you worded it. I believe in the power of prayer too! Thank you for sharing, have a beautiful day! ~Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this post Mindy! I really needed this today! You are very inspiring and having read this made my spirits high. Thank you so much for being an inspiration to me today. May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, Mindy! I can relate to moving your quiet time to the morning, so many time when I leave tasks for the end of the day they don't get done or they get done with the wrong attitude. I love your last line, about "give God the best of me".

    Kris (OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete